Friday, July 27, 2012

Did You See That?!?

Doing my morning peruse through the scores from yesterday, a couple jumped out at me for various reasons. I mean, determining exactly how good a softball game was based on scores alone is a touchy business, but based on common knowledge of some of these teams, there's some real intrigue out there:

Scared Hitless 22, Insliders 21 (excuse me, Libert Square Sliders) - talk about a big win for SH. They really needed this one after sliding in the rankings as far as the upper 40's. This certainly puts a nice feather in their cap going forward.

Two Drink Minimum 20, Showboats 0 - this was back on Tuesday but I swear I thought this was a typo. 20-0? I mean, for a team like the Showboats that only lost 12-10 to Pot Fever, that's embarrassing. The kicker? Boats are still ranked 4 spots higher than 2 Drink minimum.

Milwaukees Best 12, Hired Guns 8 - my how the mighty have fallen. Hired Guns wrapped last year as a Top 10 team, now at 6-5 there's sitting in the 30's. No doubt the Guns are a good team, but this has not been the ideal return to greatness they might have envisioned after last years whirlwind tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment